JOB TITLE: Marine Instructor
REPORTING TO: Training Centre Manager
NO OF POSITIONS: 1
ABOUT COMPANY: Global Safety Services Group, inc. GSS Training
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Recognised Teaching qualification
- Recognised Assessor qualification
- First Aid Qualification (MER Level 1)
The role of the Marine Instructor is to deliver an array of training programs related to their area of subject matter expertise and to assess the student’s learning in order to determine competence. Assist in any maintenance, testing required.
- Delivering industry approved courses (OPITO, STCW etc.).
- Fully understand the requirements of this industry standard.
- Possess occupational expertise and have proven experience in Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain operations.
- Have been trained in training delivery and training assessment techniques.
- Teaches courses according to the GSS course packages and in accordance with defined course standards and outcomes.
- Creates a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation.
- Documents students’ attendance, participation, and academic progress by assessing and Supervise performance both theoretically and practically.
- Provides feedback both verbally and by issuing reports to students within expected time frames.
- Updates administration systems with results and issues certificates.
- Performs maintenance, inspection and testing of equipment and facilities when required to do so.
- Provides subject matter input to the product development team.
- Provide Medical Emergency Response Level 1 response (First Aid) in the event of an emergency
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Practical training may involve physical and demanding work.
- Office and outdoor based.
- MER Level 1 Designated First Aider.
WORKING HOURS: 8.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
WORKING DAYS: Monday to Friday.
ANNUAL LEAVE: 28 Days
FINANCIAL PACKAGE: Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.jp-energy.com.
FEES: JP Energy is an ethical recruiter and charges no fees for recruitment.
On application, you will be asked to answer a series of screening questions. Failure to answer the questions will lead to rejection of your application.
Background checks will be requested and submissions will be verified for legitimacy.