JOB TITLE: Supervisors Advanced Rigger (OPITO Stage 3/4 & IRATA Level 3 / Mechanic - ECITB Approved Mechanic) [Offshore]
AGE LIMIT: Below 50
ABOUT COMPANY: Large Oil & Gas company in Africa.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE: More than 5 years of experience working with rigging and lifting tasks, use of mechanical lifting tools, scaffoldings, load attaching and control movement of loads & Safe Rigging use.
- OPITO Rigger Stage 3/4
- IRATA Level 3 / Mechanic – ECITB Approved Mechanic
- OPITO T-BOSIET with CA-EBS
- IMIST Online Certificate
- High School Pass/Diploma or equivalent.
- Good command of English
- To assist Campaign Supervisor in all aspects of managing and planning day to day Rigger/lifting activities on site as required for maintenance and Campaign works in line with
approved procedures and guidelines
Planning and Direction
- Liaise with Campaign Supervisor in planning, preparing and scheduling maintenance and Campaign activities ensuring the required level of equipment integrity reliability and safety.
- Implement operational priorities, targets and plans in line with policies, guidelines and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities and initiatives that enables maximum production output within the parameters of environmental compliance and process safety
- Provide Campaign Supervisor with regular reports on performance and results, and to be held accountable for his area of responsibility
- Plan and execute day-to-day and future Rigging/Lifting tasks for maintenance and Campaign work on site in line with approved procedures and guidelines.
- Create Lifting and Rigging plans in accordance with company/international standards.
- Ensure availability according to colour code standards the right equipment and consumables for ongoing and future activities.
- Complete job related risk assessments prior to start of tasks Complete job related Rigging/Lifting plans prior to start of tasks.
- Assist Campaign Supervisors with hours and material estimation for ongoing and future activities.
- Maintain a daily record of progress (daily diary) noting special comments and logging man-hours for relevant work.
- Ensure that all tools, materials and equipment are maintained and kept in good condition.
- Participate in the planning and supervising the execution of shutdown tasks for this discipline.
- Obtain, renew and complete work permits, and distribute them to the individual work teams.
- Regularly updates the master layout platform plan in CCR with current tasks
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports in the execution of their responsibilities; encourage innovative thinking around process safety and production optimization.
- Ensure all direct reports have the right training and competencies to carry out their duties in line with Training Matrix; help create a leaning environment.
- Undertake regular on-the-job training to ensure transfer of knowledge.
- Uphold and role-model company values and leadership behaviours.
- Undertake daily communication and coordination with offshore functions pertaining to key business matters within area of work.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-progression by keeping abreast with latest developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise
SKILLS TESTING: English language to a level that satisfies the standards of the Safety English Test (SET) - to be completed before initial mobilisation. Trade/Skills tests to be completed in Kochi, prior to offer being issued.
APPLICANT RESUME/CV: The client is searching for technically strong candidates. Failure to answer the screening questions during the application, will mean the candidate is automatically rejected. We would recommend CVs are no longer than 3 pages and in word format.
FEES: JP Energy is an ethical recruiter and charges no fees for recruitment.
Background checks will be requested and submissions will be verified for legitimacy. All OPITO qualifications will be verified using 'Vantage'.
TO APPLY VISIT: https://www.jp-energy.com/jobs.html
All candidates are required to upload a copy of their CV and complete the 1st stage screening questions.